12 December 2009

The Rainbow Road...

The Rainbow Road Track was always the most difficult for me when playing Mario Kart as a kid. It is so easy to fall off the edge and while you are focusing so much on every turn, you forget to remember what you just did as you'll have to come back and face it in another lap.

Yesterday driving back to Tempe from Long Beach, it literally poured down raining for over half of the trip! The really neat thing though was as it went through waves every 10-15 min, I could spot a rainbow in between the clouds. Recently reading through the Old Testament again, I keep thinking back to God's promises and how Abraham was mentioned as a man unwavering in belief of God's promise to him being, "fully persuaded that God had power to do what he had promised.(Rom 4)" So as I was driving, I was thinking back to God's rainbow he gave Noah as a symbol of his promise. So I saw rainbows all along my journey and was thinking about how God has moved at Long Beach this semester...

Sometimes I'm so caught up in God's promise I forget to remember it and observe how He is working(...I think the Israelites' had the same problem!) So I fall off of the Rainbow Road. But the promise continues on throughout the entire journey even when we feel like we are simply going in circles doing laps.

How cool is it that none of God's promises have to do with our ability, but God himself. 2 Timothy 2:13 says,
"if we are faithless,
he will remain faithful,
for he cannot disown himself."

What a great thing to know we have a God who is faithful, loving, just, good, omnipotent, sovereign and holy. He gives us rainbows all along the way! Sometimes they are easier to see after a storm, but that makes us appreciate them and stand in awe all the more!

No comments: