21 September 2009

Gazebos and Gelato


There is a Gazebo in Parker Square that I used to love going to hen it just opened. Van Dyke's Soda Shoppe was there and Parker Square was just in its beginnings so that not too many people knew about it. I took the class of 06 Senior portraits there and could be found making gelato trips on too many occasions to count.

One of my favorite things to do there was to sing Sound of Music's "Sixteen Going on Seventeen" while dancing around and jumping from bench to bench with friends pretending we live in a different time. There is something about pretending life is a musical that is just so amazing to me. You look at the Sound of Music or singing in the rain or Newsies or My Fair Lady that makes life sound so more appealing!

1 comment:

Stawberri said...

Keep a song in your heart!
Those musicals are all magical!