04 June 2010

Prodigal Gospel

Prodigal is defined as :

1. recklessly extravagant
2. having spent everything

Tim Keller in his book, Prodigal God, tells the gospel in new light as God is the prodigal one in the story having given everything in exchange for us.

This book was a graduation gift last year to me from a dear friend out in AZ. I have been behind on my book pile, but wanted to spend some time this summer putting a dent in it. Having been asked to be very familiar with Luke 15 for my upcoming trip this summer, reading this book could not have come at a better time! 133 pages that I wish I could remember more of what I gleaned right off the bat.

Going through chapters redefining home, hope, lostness and sin, I truly enjoyed this and hope if you want to, you'll pick it up as well. I think I am going to bring a few copies to give away this summer. Thank you Karen for adding this to my bookshelf! I hope a few people borrow it in the fall!

"If we say 'I believe in Jesus' but it doesn't affect the way we live, the answer is not that now we need to add hard work to our faith so much as that we haven't truly understood or believed in Jesus at all." -p. 124

No comments: