09 December 2004

Goed...

Man, to quote McDonald's...I'm lovin' it!

I met the absolute cutest kid at work tonight! (and that is not a word I usually throw around!) His name was Colton and he was terrified of Santa. I've gotten used to these types of kids lately and he was no different until I started talking to him. He even ran away from his mother! Straight out the gates and into the walkway! I picked up this 5-yr-old in the red shirt and wiped away his tears whispering a promise that Santa had a gift for him. His eyes brightened. I inquired if he could take a picture with Santa and his siblings to get the prize. He nodded emphatically. I sat little Colton up there and he gave me one of the largest smiles of the night. Afterwards the mom simply inquired 'what did you do.' This kicking screaming kid immediately transformed into a mother's paradise. Colton received his gift as well as a candy cane from me as long as his didn't tell his sister and brother. He gave me a HUGE hug and went to see his picture...Boy, I sure did love my job tonight! Well, at least until the next family...

Today I went to go see the choir during 2nd period. You guys are great, wish I could've made it tonight..Sorry. Also got interviewed for a newspaper article and sold a few more calendars for Holland. Life is simply as the Dutch say, goed!

No comments: