14 December 2004

Translation:

I was just talking to my friend Nima so this came to mind...

The word irony I slightly mentioned in my prior post came to me after receiving an e-mail from leanderthal (the intern in Holland when I was there). You see, I talked with her quite a but before the Hays were there and honestly can only recall the first conversation when Rob Edwards and I left early to pick her up before meeting the rest of the group. This is what she e-mailed me, "ONE TIME YOU GAVE ME A QUOTE "YOUR STRENGTH MAY GET YOU TO THE MOUNTAIN, BUT ONLY GODS CAN GET YOU TO THE TOP". I HAVE REMEMBERED AND USED THAT ALOT AND I THANK YOU FOR SHARING THAT BLESSED LITTLE QUOTE WITH ME!" And yes, it was in all caps! It's funny how one thing you say can mean something to someone that you don't even notice. I guess I just never really think people take heart or even care to remember things I say unless they're jokes. This awe-struck me! I simply wasn't expecting it. Glad I could help you Fox. Now I think I realize why I personally cherish quotes so much, and maybe we all shall see them soon...

No comments: