11 February 2007

scrub-a-dub dub

Jesus answered, "A person who has had a bath needs only to wash his feet; his whole body is clean. And you are clean, though not every one of you." John 13:10

Do you remember the last time you scrubbed your feet? I mean went away at them with a bar of soap to get every last piece of dirt off? Do you remember the last time you showered? A little bit of a different time span I assume. I don't remember the last time i truly scrubbed away before tonight. I went through John 13 with the Navs talking about servanthood. But Peter has always stuck out to me as i feel like him at times. Getting to be so blessed by God and then not living up to my full potential. Letting that bit of dirt get between the skin of my foot and holy ground. God's love and acceptance is unconditional. There is nothing we can do to change who he is yet we try to picture Him with our broken, human definitions that can't even fathom perfection.

So we scrub.

We try to get a picture of God from His word and our relationship with him. We take a snap-shot but cannot even decided where to start taking our 2-d image and transforming it into a 3-d animation.

So we stare.

We remember the good old times and try to see past the muck we shove in our own eyes to see something better. To see God's glory in our lives.

No comments: