11 August 2005

Are you AIMing me?!?

So..this is what i don't get. Since when did aol aim recieve it's own status to be inserted into the English language. I just don't get it. Like people saying wuz ^? instead of what's up or even wuz up? It seems to me hitting shift+6 is more difficult that the U then P. And then jk has been around a while in simple conversations..i get this one but LOL? If you are laughing out loud must you announce it before you do? Or if you say it but don't laugh isn't that hypocritical. That could cause some scars along the way. G2G is just as long as saying gotta go. The 2 takes more time to say and takes away from the language flow actually. And then TTYL(talk to you later) ok, it is shorter but it make me think of Winnie the Pooh and Tigger saying "Ta Ta For Now" TTFN.
I just don't know what this world is coming to. From softball i started saying jk or the spanish way of jk(hota kah). Than in Holland grapje(ggrrr ap ya) So i guess i can understandstand that one but especially lol..i mean come on. laugh or not. It's like being your own sports announcer. I am not going to sit down. I am now going to type the letter A. I am now thinking. I am now getting annoyed with this! I am now going to laugh...perhaps out loud. I am now going to ponder on this. Don't be lazy kids. Speak full sentences. As for me, I am now going to bed!

A.U.B. Amanda! (it's not an aim term..it is just because the Dutch way to say "here you go" is something i have not yet conquered in spelling so A.U.B. is easier..maybe it will catch on...)

1 comment:

Schweers' Mom said...

Thanks for the laugh! I loved this blog entry. (lol - really)