04 August 2005

Blood Donor

So, I was actually kinda sad that I couldn't give blood after Holland. Even after my last experience found here.
Then I got a phone call saying policy had changed so could I come in and let them stick a needle in me after-all! If that doesn't excite you I don't know what would. So I decided to go in. There was a new nurse so the interview time took twice as long. It seems people get wierded out when you have been out of the country for six months or so. Acceptable. I sat in the chair as normal ready to give blood. She couldn't find the vein in my left arm so she decided to stick my right. Almost done, this other nurse came over to adjust the needle and ended up causing a hemo-something. Basically meaning my arm will suffer from pain and bruising for the next couple of days. I guess it's good I had this as oppose to someone else because I really didn't care which could come across as patience to her. Maybe that's why I seem to always be stuck with the new people at banks or restaurants or airports or blood care centers. Someone has to try em out so I guess I'm glad to help. 11 more weeks till I can go back again!

No comments: