07 November 2004

Goodbyes

A friend of mine once told me the only person we will never have to say goodbye to is also the only one who will never leave us no matter how hard we try to run.
Tonight was one of those nights I further realize the fact that the course of history goes on and goodbyes are inescapable. I spoke with my little brother today and he kept telling me about how much he misses America, strange because I feel as if I'm ready to escape this country. How much easier would it be to swap places and yet we both are in places we are supposed to be in. I spoke with another friend of mine tonight who says she misses the Dutch being here. My comfort only goes so far as I try to help and yet looking back...I was in the same place for 2 years before now! Anyways, the time is coming no matter how much I try to shift my mind from it. I am going to leave behind this great youth group and venture into the 'real world' that lies outside of the Flowerplex. It's not that I doubt Holland or graduating early, I am truly overjoyed at this opportunity...It is simply that as now as the final year of high school is ending, the youth group is now forming into this ideal mixture of craziness I have wanted since my freshman year. I go to Holland not to escape this group, but let them grow and develop to serve God with such a passion next year. As we go on our separate missions, I'll be praying for you all that you will be aware of God's presence and allow Him to lead your pursuits. May He bless you to be a blessing and remember...It is not simply goodbye, but instead 'until a later time.' Ik hou van jou...to all.

4 comments:

Laura said...

little brother??!??

spartacus21 said...

it's joran

Anonymous said...

Ah... but some of us who have experienced the 'real world' outside of the flowerplex wish they could just crawl into it and hide from the rest of the world forever. But my sister won't let me.

spartacus21 said...

Is it this sister that won't let you? Or your heart?